We had the best Enrichment night ever. There is a lady in our ward that is Chinese. She atteneded the Chinese branch here for quite a while and now goes to our ward. Any way tomorrow is the beginning of the Chinese New year. So for Enrichment we had a Chinese New Year type night. (The Chinese Branch' dress rehersale) We ate othentic Chinese food, chicken and pork dumplings, egg rolls, and the best chicken salad I have ever tasted, candies and desserts. They were sooooooooooo good. Angela, (the Chinese sister) put together dances and speakers as well. There was a Dragon dance with drumbs, a fan dance performed by the mom age Chinese branch sisters and a dance called the Wave dance performed by the Primary age girls of the Chinese branch. Then another lady sang a Chinese song, another lady talked about Chinese tradtions and then another lady showed us how to write Chinese and what it all means. But quess what, I forgot my camera of course. Owell I guess. I cant do anything about it now right? Any way it was a great evening. By the way it is the year of the Ox.
1 comment:
I love authentic Chinese Food!! Get the recipes written down if you can. When I was in college my visiting teacher was from China and she made the best food. She brought me in a few meals after Matthew was born. I wish I would have had her write down the recipes for me!! Sounds like you had fun.
Post a Comment