Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pre-Halloween fun!

On Thursday night I decided that the kids and I were going to have some pre-Halloween fun! So that's what we did. Ben was at work so I set out on this adventure by my self with all 5 kiddos. It actually went really well and I think we all had a great time.
First off this is Matthews Halloween costume. Not really he was just being silly. I think he looks kinda gross

Head shot

Pulling the guts from the pumpkin.

Kaycee was all hands on. I think she really liked this part

Cole enjoyed it as well.

Maddy was a bit timid at first But then she was full speed ahead.

It took Matthew a bit to get into it. I don't thing he ever really touched the innards

The kids all had a part in carving the pumpkin. I asked them what part of the face they wanted and what shape they wanted it.

Our next event was making mummies and spiders out of pretzels, marshmallows, stacker's and chocolate chips

Maddy was just enjoying the marshmallows. I finally had to take her off the table so she would stop eating them all. :)

The kids in the making.

All done. Very cute

Cole's spiders

All the mummies and spiders completed

All the mummies, spiders and our family pumpkin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so crafty and do such fun things with your kids. I can't wait until mine are a little older and it's easier to have craft time. Right now I just end up frustrated and mad cause they all want my help at the same time. I guess that's what happens when they are all the same age. By the way, where did you get your pattern for pillow cases? I thought that would be a good idea for Christmas gifts this year for each of my little ones. Emily

Ann Mitchell said...

WAY FUN!!! WHAT A CUTE MOM YOU ARE!!!

TeresaL said...

It looks like you all had fun! Cute pictures!

Kori said...

I love how fascinated kids are with the insides of the pumpkin. Cayson was content just playing with it. I love the spiders and mummies. How cute!!!!!