I liked how my youngest sister put this on her blog and I would like to do the same. Last night Oct 10th a bus full of American Fork High School band kids were retuning home from a band competition in Pocatello Idaho. The bus driver blacked out for a second and one of the instructors got up to help out and take control of the bus. She was unable to get control and the bus crashed and rolled throwing her, Heather out of the bus and killing her. 3 others were life flighted while others were taken to local hospitals because of broken bones. Heather Christensen was a friends of mine. We both played clarinet in the band 1991-1994, she was my section leader and our senior year she was the drum major. Heather we will all miss you and this band "family" will never be the same. Thanks for all your dedication and service. "Friends" by Micheal W. Smith was sung after every band competition and still is. The "family" ties run deep in American Fork Marching Band!
"Friends"
By: Micheal W. Smith
Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong
Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.
With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show
But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong
I Do Now
6 days ago

3 comments:
I've been watching all the news coverage and there were huge articles on the front page of the paper today. Let me know if you want it and I will send it to you. She seemed like a wonderful person. I'm thinking of you and all affected by this horrible tragedy.
I love you Kristie!!! I will call if you want tonight and you can be a part of our Friends circle! :) It might be late though!
I am so glad I went to school with the both you.
Great friends/great classmates.
Go cavemen!
Post a Comment