Thursday, December 25, 2008

Look a likes and Christmas lights

Since Ben has to work on Christmas Eve playing Masses and all I have started a new tradition with the kids. I actually started it last year. We go out to dinner and then drive around town looking at Christmas lights. We went to Chillis for dinner (as we did last year as well) and while eating Cole mentioned that the elf on top of the Chilli pepper looked like his Uncle Mike. Now I'm not sure if the resemblance is the go-tee or what but Cole seems to think they look a lot a like. Sorry Mike. Cole also thinks that the dog on the Chillis kids cup looks like Uncle mikes old dog Loki. Loki was a Golden Lab. Not some red faces long nose dog. Kaycee keeps telling Cole that it is Pepper (that's really the name of the dog) but Cole keeps correcting her and says its Loki. I guess Cole just has something for his Uncle Mike.
After dinner We go look at lights. This one we go to every year. We have seen this house every year we have lived here. Any way it is a roller coaster that Santa and some of his reindeer ride. Its great. It spans the whole yard and is as high as the house. The kids love it and Cole really got a kick out of it this year.

The next stop on the list is usually a house that is all lit up and plays to music. Today we have had so much rain that it was unsafe to have the show. Bummer. Maybe next year.
After that house we go past our Bishops house. The decorations are great. His wife has painted all these great Disney decorations and the house is lit up beautifully. Here you see Aladdin with Jasmin and the prince.

This is of Ariel

Next are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Christmas light winners of the home owners association in our neighbor hood.
1st place went to a house that had there whole yard made into a life size Nativity scene. Very pretty.

2nd place was a house just around the corner form were I live.

And 3rd place this year went to my friends Jamie and Rob. This Santa waves at you and asks you questions. The kids love it. A better view of Rob and Jamie's lights.

But I think best of all is my house. Its so fun to decorate for the holiday. Here are the kids in front of the house with the lights.

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas eve.

3 comments:

Shelly and Ben said...

OH man Kristie, I miss you SOOOO much!! It's dumb, but I'm almost crying looking at the pictures and wishing I could see Maddy and knowing that I can't just go down and hang out with you. It sucks. I love you tons!!!!! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

What a fun tradition! You're an amazing mom. The picture of all the kids in front of your house is precious! :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on baby #5. With all the excitement of our #4 I doubt there will be a baby #5 :). It was good to hear from you and I went ahead and added you to my blog buddy list. I am interested to see your goings on.