Sunday, November 16, 2008

I have the best 5 kids ever



I was blog hopping a friends blog today and found another blogger that I know so I checked out her blog. While reading her blog I was reminded of how much I do love my children. In her blog she talked about her kids and how how this song was her favorite primary song.
"Teacher, do you love me?"

And that every time she hears this song it makes her cry. I am the same way. Since the birth of Maddy and all life seems to be going really fast. Sometimes to fast and I let my emotions with my kids get out of hand. This morning would have been one of those "bad" mornings. It just seemed like no one was helping out and I was just getting angryer and angrer. (how ever you spell it) Any way I always feel bad after I have an out burst and am quick to say I am sorry and I know that I need to work on my own attitiude. I am so greatful that my kids are great and so forgiving. We got to church this morning after all the nashing of teeth and tears (mainly by Matthew) but ya know Matthew got out of the van and came up to me right away and said he was sorry as well and gave me a big hug.

Here are the words to the song
"Teacher, do you love me?"

(Child) Teacher*, do you love me?
Teacher*, will you care for me?
Even if I turn away, or disobey, or go astray.
Then will you love me still?
Teacher*, will you teach me?
Teacher*, help me choose the right.
When I do not understand the Lord’s command, please take my hand And lead me safely with his light.
(First time child only.)I need your love, I need your light To show me how to be like Jesus.The Savior’s love will light the path To lead me safely home.

(Teacher) Oh yes, my child, I love you.
My child, I’ll always care for you.
And with the Savior as our guide,
I’ll share the light I feel inside,
And you will feel his love for you.
Oh, yes, my child, I’ll teach you.
My child, I’ll help you choose the right.
And when you do not understandThe Lord’s command, I’ll take your hand,
And he will lead us with his light.

(Second time duet.)I need your love, I need your lightTo show me how to be like Jesus.The Savior’s love will light the pathTo lead us safely home.

Words and music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. © 1986

All in all I am their teacher and I do love my children very much. There is not a night prayer that goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for each and everyone of my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I tell my kids all the time that I have to work on things just as much as they do. And just b/c I'm a grown up doesn't mean I don't get frustrated and lose it at times!! And you have some cute kids. And where does the time go?