As most of you know I had surgery to remove my gall bladder Wednesday April 1st. A few weeks ago I had some pretty good attacks. I went to the doctor about it and he sent me to get an ultra sound done. When I called the doctor back to get the results the nurse just gave me the number to the surgeon. So I guess it was pretty bad. Any way I have been living on a fat free diet for the past 3 weeks and hoping not to have another attack. I didn't. Thank heavens.
Any way Wednesday I went to Memorial Herman Surgical Center, Texas Medical Center up in down town Houston. I was asked to be there by 6:30 am. The surgery was scheduled for 8am.
All was going well until they put the IV in. It started stinging really bad and I got really light headed and passed out. I have never had problems with IV's or needles before. The last thing I remember the nurse saying was Dr. so and so I need you STAT. Then when I came to there were 3-4 people at my bed side and I had an oxygen mask on. When I woke up I was so disoriented that I keep riping off the oxygen mask so then they just got the tube of oxygen out and put it to my mouth, Finally I calmed down enough for then to put the oxygen. up my nose. Also while all this was happening Ben said my heart rate went down to 20. Not so good. Then after I came to and all was OK again I threw up. So when I went into surgery they also pumped out my stomach. NICE! So now I have 4 incisions instead of 3 like I was told I would have. :( O well right.
The surgery started about 8:30am and was done by 9:30am. But I didn't come out of the anistisa until about 1pm. So I got a nice nap out of all of that. :) After I came out of the anistisia I tried throwing up again. Of course to no prevail. Mt tummy was VERY empty. When the nurse, a big black man was trying to get me up to go to the bathroom I keep falling forwards and then back wards while sitting on the bed. Then when I finally got up to walk to the bathroom I felt like I was drunk. Not that I know how that feels, but I sure was walking funny.
Yesterday was a bit rough. My back and my ribs hurt from all the extra air they pumped in to me. The incisions don't really bother me its the extra air. My mom has been so good to rub my back, trying to get me to burp. It has helped a bit. I just want to get a pin and pop my self. :) I look 5 months prego. All in all everything is good and my mom is being a real big help. I cant lift anything heavy, vacuum or sweep and she has been really good to do the house work and help out with Maddy and the other kids. I am so glad I have a great mom that is willing to help out.
Today April 3rd I feel a little better. My incision where my belly button is hurts a bit. I think its manly because that's were you bend. Any way other then that I am doing real good. Bruised up a bot but doing good. I would have taken pictures and posted them but I figured I would keep my blog at a "G" rating. :) My tummy looks kinda nasty. Well not to bad but no one wants to see a bloated belly with black and blue marks on it.
Jane 23
5 months ago

8 comments:
I'm glad you are doing better! I'm sorry you are in pain though! What a nice Mom you have to come and help you!
That does not sound like much fun. I hope you get feeling better soon. I can imagine the air does not feel good. That is never comfortable. We're thinking of you!
So did you pass out from the IV? what was in it? Like did you have a reaction to a pain med? I'm so glad you are doing better. If you can lay on your left side at night, for some reason that really helped me get the air out faster. So glad your mom is able to be there and help you out.
Ya Amy Im not sure why i passed out. I have never done that with an IV. The nurse put it in and it started stinginging really bad. Nothing was going through it other then the IV fluids yet. I said I was getting light headed so I sat up. Next thing I remember was the doctor and nurses around me. I wonder if I had a reaction to the nausia meds she gave me befor the IV. It was a shot she gave me in my arm. Also the IV was put in my bad wrist. Who knows?
I guess that's one way to play an April Fools trick on everyone in the hospital:) Actually, I didn't know you were going in for surgery. I am sorry to hear you haven't been doing well. You probably wrote about it on Face Book or your blog I just haven't had much time to check on my friends lives.
I don't care how old we get, there is nothing better in the world then to have our moms there for us when we need them. I am happy you have such a great mom who is able to come and help you out.
Wishing you well, and a speedy recovery!
Good luck with everything.Please take good care of your self.It will makes things go by faster.
Yikes! Sure hope you're feeling better soon!
I am so glad that everything went well. After your little episode. I'm sure by now you are feeling pretty good. I love you and am glad that you had your mom there to help out.
Post a Comment