Sunday, April 11, 2010

Camp out

For Spring break this year we went camping. At first I didn't want to go because Ben found a camp site and in 12 hours we were to leave for it. We had not tent, no charcoal, no camp stove and no food. All we did have was a dutch oven, (thanks Eric and Amber) a few flash light and a few camp chairs. And to add to it I was taking the kids to the rodeo and Keith Urban concert that night. Well Ben went out with Maddy while I was gone and got most of the necessary needs.
Here is Ben and the kids putting up the tent. Maddy and James trying to help out.
Maddy had more fun playing in the leaves then helping with the tent. :)
Here is the lake we camped by. We could have fished there but I'm glad we didn't.
We found a dead baby gator
And a dead fish. Very glad we did go fishing. NASTY!!!
Here is our water boy. :) Ben all hooked up with all the water bottles.
Ready for out little hike
Sisters. Kaycee and Maddy
One of the kids favorite activities was to hang on this bar in front of our camp site.
Kaycee
Matthew
James
Even Ben and I got into the monkey business. :)
Me
Ben
Cole was more of a tummy hanger. :)
Getting ready for the camp fire. We forgot the marshmallows for smores but a nice man two camp sites down came and gave us a bag of marshmallows. Funny story here. I had on my BYU sweat shirt that morning and I went to the water spicket to wash the breakfast dinner. As I was coming back to camp a man stopped me and said "Nice shirt. That's my school." I was like "ya right" We live in Texas not many people know what BYU is. Any way come to find out he and his kids were there camping and were from the other ward that meets at out church building. Small world. Any way Brother Richards saved the night and the smores were so good.
Matthew eating roaster star bursts. YUMMY!
Sticky hands. Cole after he tried to get a marshmallow off the stick. Hahaha
The camp fire
Maddy's crazy hear the morning we left. :)

No comments: