Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby Madalyn is here

Ok everyone Baby Maddy is here. She was born at the Sugar Land Methodist hospital here in Sugar Land Texas on Wednesday October 15th 2008 at 7:08pm weighing in at 9 pounds and 7 ounches. Everything went well and I am glad it is over. We got to the hospital at about 11:30 and the nurse stared the pit drip around 1:30pm. I had an epidural at around 3:30pm and it wore off around 5:30pm NEVER to work again. Yep, you read that right. The epidural wore off and something went wrong. We keep pushing the button but nothing happened. We even had the Dr. come back in and give me 2 more doses of the stuff and that didn't even work. SOOOOOO..... I finished for the last 2 hours on my own. All natural! Talk about an experiance. Not the best feeling in the world, I can tell you that. O and NO TEARING! Any way all is over and everyone is doing well. The nurses and Dr.s were all great. Thanks to everyone that came to see me and Maddy and all the well wished we recieved on e-mail.

Madalyn Elnor Crandall
9 pds 7 oz
20 1/2 inches long
Born: October 15th 2008 at 7:08pm Ready for all the pictures? Well here ya go!
Me before the induction. Don't I look cute??? NOT!Right after Maddy was born.Grandma Pulley painted my toe nails the night before I went to the hospital. So cute! Thanks Grandma. I 'm sure the Dr.s and nurses appriciated the cuteness. :)Look how big Maddy is. What a chub.I love this picture. Daddy and his new little girl. Big brother James. Doesn't he look proud? It was great, my mom and grandma brought the kids to the hospital after James game right after she was born. After all the noise (provided by your's truley ME) but befor they took her to the nursery.Matthew and Maddy. I have a feeling Matthew will be Maddy's protector.Big sister Kaycee with Baby Maddy.Cole seems to really love his baby sister. Will see how long that lasts.My mom with her 11th grandbabyMy Grandma with her 18th Great grandbaby. My cute friends that came the night of her birth. They had perfect timing as well. Ater the noise but unfortinatly after they took her to the nursery.
















9 comments:

Rocha said...

Madalyn is so cute! I love the name. I can't wait to see you guys. I will call you to see when we can bring food. It sounds like you had an experience.

Unknown said...

I know how feels when the epidural wears off. That happened with Rachel, but luckily I didn't have to push very long. Congratulations. Number five is a piece of cake. Atleast it was for me, but I went from 1 to 4 overnight, so anything is easier than that.

Anonymous said...

YAY for baby!! So glad it went well and she is healthy. I'll call and try to come by sometime and get me some baby cuddles

Amy said...

Congratulations! That's exactly what happened with my epidural (only my baby was 6lbs 14 oz, not over 9lbs) Wow!

-Amy & Dave

Katie said...

Congratulations on your baby! Are all your babies so big? She is so chunky it's great. Kaycee looks happy to have another girl around now. Good Job!

Shelly and Ben said...

Aw Kristie, she's so precious!!! It almost makes me want another one......ok, maybe not. I'll just find someone around here with a newborn and get my loves and snuggles from there. Let's wait on my getting any more kids for a year or two. That's AWFUL about the epidural!! You rock!!! Hope it never happens to me though.

Amy and David said...

Yea! congrats Kristie--but WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT CHURCH?????? I know it was the Primary Program and way to be SuperMOM! Now sit back and take a rest for at least a couple of days!!! She looks beautiful by the way!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a blessing - the safe arrival of a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Madalyn is such a cute name! :)

Galloway Family said...

Maddy is so adorable! It almost makes me want another baby. The key word is almost. I am glad everthing went well. You and your family look great.